[linux-dvb] Re: @klaus: idea for a new simple menu feature invdr:

> i've been following this discussion for some time now:
> nearly everyone has his own ideas on the keys/userinterface/remote
> stuff.

> i would like to have it mostly configurable:
> create a hierarchical (top-menu/sub-menu/...) config file, that
> lists all available options at one point in time (and one position
> in the menu tree), _then_ allow to customize the used remote-key.

> this way anybody could get the key-binding he wants.

> and, i think it would not be too complicated to implement (outspell
> every key to a unique name, add a layer of indirection for the remote-
> to-keyname binding).

> how about that?

That soundīs like a realy good idea - but i think this is a lot of work.....

I think Klaus have other (very Important) problems to solve. - And.... if everything works right and he have much much time - he can do this... (if he like!!!)

Itīs 1  1/2 Year ago the last DVB2000 version was out. The Programmer of this software (for DBOXES) have stoped development. Why... ??? - Everyone wantīs another Menue-Color, another Menue-Position, another Remote-Key-Definiton, the "mute button" on a other screen position..... - i understand him ! I hope Klaus will continue development of VDR...

--- i hope everyone understand what i mean........