[linux-dvb] Re: We should start a Maillinglist for VDR

I for one agree totally!

----- Original Message -----
From: Tim Lapawa <tim@unity.lapawa.net>
To: <linux-dvb@linuxtv.org>
Sent: Friday, September 07, 2001 10:54 PM
Subject: [linux-dvb] We should start a Maillinglist for VDR

> Hi list,
>
> what do you all think about wedging of the VDR topics from the DVB
mailinglist to a new one for VDR? The program is in great, dynamic and fast
development.
> Many messages on linux-dvb discuss a problem concerning parts in VDR which
do not depend on driver development or DVB hardware.
> The newer parts like DVD and MP3 playback produce many new problems and
questions which are discussed on this maillinglist.
> And there are still many good ideas out there how to improve the
functionality of vdr and make it a tool for playing many types of media. All
these expansion will produce even more mails which also do not have any in
common with driver development or DVB hardware.
> The DVB maillinglist gets off topic. We should think about splitting this
list into different parts before it gets overloaded by many different
topics.