[linux-dvb] Re: Channel switching

Klaus,

I haven't tried your channel switching test yet, but I agree with your patch.

In my opinion, the driver should do what is requested from it - it is up to
the application to decide whether a tuning action needs to take place or not.
 An application can check the current status of the frontend by using the
QPSK_GET_STATUS command to find the currently tuned frequency and SR.

I'm curious to know the driver developers' opinions on this.  Is there a good
reason why the driver doesn't accept a request tune to the current frequency?

Regards,

Dave.