[linux-dvb] Re: Channel switching

Thomas Koch wrote:

> Am 8.9.2001 um 17:05 schrieb Carsten Koch:
>
> > I wonder if signal quality could have anything to do with it.
> > A 110cm dish for Astra is almost overkill, at least it should
> > yield excellent signal quality all the time.
>
> But i have the same Channel not sync'ed! messages with my rev 1.3 Card.
>
> Ciao, Thomas

And, does it get better when you apply my suggested patch?

Here on my system I have had it running for the past few hours
and it looks a _lot_ better. There were only one or two cases
where a channel didn't sync even after two retries, but all the
other cases where it didn't sync at the first attempt succeeded
after the first retry. Before the patch, once it started to
fail, there were a great many cases where all three attempts to
switch to a certain channel failed.

Klaus