Subject: returned Signal Strength
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2001 16:58:07 +0300
From: Andrei Darashenka <home@home.bas-net.by>
To: linux-dvb@linuxtv.org

Hi, folks.

Why I always got strength = 255  from driver 0.9-current?
Data receiving OK. When I disconnect cable from antenna data stops going, but
signal = 255.

I do:
open(/dev/ost/qpskfe,RDWR)	        ret > 0
ioctl(fd,FE_READ_SIGNAL_STRENGTH,&int_strength)         ret = 0 (OK!)

but int_strength always == 255

Help. I need signal strength to a positioner to look at the satellite with
inclined orbit.

ASAP, please.

Andrei