[linux-dvb] Re: Settings to mux video and audio

Matthias Fechner wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Sun, 9 Sep 2001, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
>
> > All I know is what it takes to record the data from the DVB card and to
> > later replay it. I have no experience with any remultiplexing (especially
> > under Windows).
>
> VDR must save the MPEG-Stream in a format, or will do this the DVB-driver?
> And if a know this format, than i easily can mux my video and audio in the
> same format and so i can replay it with VDR.

Well, as you may know yourself there is quite some irritation as to _what_
MPEG2 _really_ is. I believe what VDR stores is called "multiplexed PES"
(but I may be wrong). If in doubt, you'll probably need to look right into
the data files and see what's in there...

All I need to know is that when I save the data taken from the DVB card
in the format VDR currently does, then the card will later be able to
replay it. See VDR's 'remux.c' if you are interested in details about
the conversion from "Transport Stream" to "multiplexed PES".

Klaus