[linux-dvb] tech questions 2 - non-mpeg content and fps conversion

Hi,

Is it possible to pass non-mpeg content (PCM audio and YUV 4:2:0/4:2:2
video) to the card?

I need it for AC3 audio and Divx/mpeg4 video support.

It isn't a big problem to re-encode content to mpeg 1/2 frames, but it
eats some CPU, so I want to avoid doing this if possible.

My another problem is the FPS conversion.
Can the DVB card do 25<->30 fps conversion (to play back 29.97/30 fps
content on PAL TV) itself, or I have to do the conversion by software
(dropping away / duplicate some B frames) ?

thanks,

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

--
mailto:arpi@thot.banki.hu