[linux-dvb] Re: Channel switching

Joerg Riechardt <J.Riechardt@gmx.de> schrieb am 10.09.01:
> Alexander Wetzel wrote:
>
> > I had very bad tuning problems some time ago, but with my new switch
> its a much better. (ok, so is the signal quality)
> >
> > Alexander
>
> Could have been the "22 kHz problem".
> See  http://www.linuxdvb.tv/documentation/22khz/
> Jörg

I don't think so. My old switch was allready DISqC (1.2, I belive)
And I was able to tune to all channels, but to some it was VERY tricky and unrelieable for recording. (Enter channel number -> screen keept blank. renter channel number it nerly always tuned successful) It was worst with one transponder (Planet is on it, don't remember the others)

With the new switch the problem is nearly gone. Normaly I can switch channels up and down as I which. Some transponders still seemed to tune harder than others (time to tune) and somtimes I have to reload the drivers.
But it is relieable for recording (didn't miss one so far)

Only one thing is new:
Since I swapped m DISqC switch I'm not longer able to see n-tv after loading the drivers. With VDR it works fine.
ARD in VDR is nearly impossible to tune, and I really mean impossible. I droped ARD from my channel list. But then I belive that my card is damaged.
I forgot to switch my VDR PC off while swapping the DISqC switch.
One card is completly unable to tune, the other cannot tune ARD.
Both cards are Rev 1.3.

Alexander