[linux-dvb] Re: Channel switching

Joerg Riechardt writes:
 > >  Is it possible to activate a function like +1V for
 > >  the 18V-power of the dvbs-card???
 > >

 > > But note that the hardware does not support it.
 > >
 > > Ralph
 >
 > the LNBP 12SP, 14SP, 16SP do have Line Length Compensation (19V instead of 18V), the LNBP
 > 13SP and 15SP do not.
 > See  http://us.st.com/stonline/books/pdf/docs/5816.pdf  page 3/18.
 > Jörg

It's not like I did not look at this datasheet 2 years ago.
But it does not help if you don't know if and where those
pins are connected. And the cards do come with different versions
of the chips. I have seen them with LNBP 11SP and 16SP.

The WinTV Nova with LNBP 16SP I am holding in my hands right
now does seem to have a connection at pin 10 but it is pulled down
to ground with a resistor. Two other soldering points, one of which
is also connected to pin 10, next to this are not connected by a
resistor. Even it were connected I would have to know where it leads.

Ralph