[linux-dvb] Re: Channel switching

Hi!

On Sun, 9 Sep 2001, Rolf Siebrecht wrote:
> I would focus on the AFC code in the driver. I loaded tuner.o with debug=1
> to view the asserted frequency values. It seems that in those cases of
> error the AFC engine lets the frequency drift away instead of driving
> against a proper center value.

I studied the source code meanwhile, and I've learned that it was the
intention to let the frequency offset grow by every loop.

> In my tests driver version 0.8.2 doesn't show any tuning failures under
> kernel-2.2.19 and 2.4.9.

0.8.2 always returns FE_COMPLETION_EV resp. QPSK_COMPLETION_EV immediately
after a tuning operation. So, test results with 0.8.2 are meaningless.

*

Like Johannes Stezenbach I can tell that the condition remarkably improves
as soon as the FEC mode is set explicitly.

Bye,
     Rolf