[linux-dvb] Re: Channel switching

Ralph Metzler wrote:

> It's not like I did not look at this datasheet 2 years ago.
> But it does not help if you don't know if and where those
> pins are connected. And the cards do come with different versions
> of the chips. I have seen them with LNBP 11SP and 16SP.
>
> The WinTV Nova with LNBP 16SP I am holding in my hands right
> now does seem to have a connection at pin 10 but it is pulled down
> to ground with a resistor.

it could be pulled up by soldering

> Two other soldering points, one of which
> is also connected to pin 10, next to this are not connected by a
> resistor. Even it were connected I would have to know where it leads.

at my rev 1.3 I used a multimeter to find out

> Ralph

in principle it could lead to the DSP and be switched by that, or it could be unused/fixed.
In both cases you could pull it up using the right resistor, maybe removing the pulldown
resistor, and have continous 19/14V instead of 18/13V.
In the first case it was of course more elegant, if it could be switched by the driver.
Jörg