[linux-dvb] Re: AW: Re: Announcement: epg2timers 0.3 - a package that allows you to

Johannes Schoeller wrote:

> that.s what i suggested some time ago.
> but my mail was ignored. don.t know why. ;)
> because THAT would be the easiest way to
> get all the info you need.
> (especially the nice ads i would like to
> get via OSD. ;))
>
> servus hannes!
>
> Johannes Schoeller
> <schoeller@gmx.at>
>
> > > One question, have you spooken to them wether they like (or at least
> > > dont care) if do this?
> > The Service on TVTV is free - everyone can subscribe there
> > free and can use the feature "MERKLISTE" - what you do with
> > your "merkliste" is your thing.....
> >
> >  Some people would certainly be pissed if you use
> > Perhaps...
> > > there service this way, also there might be a way to get
> > the list in an
> > > more stable and easily parsable format (.csv?) from them.
> > I donīt think so - because the Service is useable for
> > HARDDISK-RECORDER-SETTOPBOXES which get ther "Merkliste-DATA"
> > over the Pro7 Videotext-signal....
>
> maybe klaus could capture this signal and put it into timers.conf... ;-))

VDR uses the EPG data provided via the DVB data stream.
I'm not sure if using data from the TeleText would lead us any further
(except from causing a lot of work implementing such a feature).
Besides: in the TeleText data I assume there is no way of finding e.g.
the start time and duration of a particular event.

Klaus