[vdr] Problems w/ VDR recording

Hi,

I think might be a big problem with the CVS DVB driver when recording
streams with VDR-0.94. After some minutes my computer disconnects all
TCP/IP connections, does not accept new ones and even does not allow
console logins - finally I have to reboot the computer manually by
pressing the reset button. The problem occurs with the
siemens_dvb-0.9-20010817.tgz driver from Klaus' homepage.

Maybe somebody can help me... before I start with kernel debugging. My
personal feeling is that there is some bad memory pointer (including a
write access to it) in the driver which causes the system to behave
unreliable.

... finally I don't want to talk just about software:

It is unbelievable what happened and even here in germany everyone is
shocked about the incidents. The brutality and inhumanity of this
plot makes me angry and afraid of the aftermath.... well let's see.

Deti

Home | Main Index | Thread Index