[linux-dvb] Re: Problems w/ VDR recording

Deti Fliegl writes:
 > Axel Gruber wrote:
 > >
 > > > I think might be a big problem with the CVS DVB driver when recording
 > > > streams with VDR-0.94. After some minutes my computer disconnects all
 > > > TCP/IP connections, does not accept new ones and even does not allow
 > > > console logins - finally I have to reboot the computer manually by
 > > > pressing the reset button. The problem occurs with the
 > > > siemens_dvb-0.9-20010817.tgz driver from Klaus' homepage.
 > >
 > > I canīt beleve it: Same here ! - i thought iīm the only one.
 > >
 > > But exact the same - all Connections down after some time.....
 > >
 > > With a older driver (09version) the same Machine runs since over 1 Month without any problems....
 > >
 > > > Maybe somebody can help me... before I start with kernel debugging. My
 > > > personal feeling is that there is some bad memory pointer (including a
 > > > write access to it) in the driver which causes the system to behave
 > > > unreliable.
 > > Sorry i need Help too ....
 >
 > Testing with a driver from August 7th (checked out from the CVS) - the
 > same happens.
 > Well - I think the DVB drivers have grown too big and complicated. Most
 > of the kernel code would better  be placed in a library.

Actually the drivers have gotten smaller since we got rid of av_pes.
Since you seem to be the only one with problems like that, there may
be another reason. Can you give some more information about your
system?

Marcus

Dr. Marcus Metzler
mocm@netcologne.de                     http://www.metzlerbros.de