[linux-dvb] Re: Problems w/ VDR recording

Axel Gruber writes:
 > > Actually the drivers have gotten smaller since we got rid of av_pes.
 > > Since you seem to be the only one with problems like that, there may
 > > be another reason. Can you give some more information about your
 > > system?
 >

 > Hello Marcus
 >
 > My system is a usual ASUS CUBIX Board with a 400MHZ PIII CPU. I use SUSE 7.1 with SUSE-Kernel 2.4 - no modifications....
 >
 > I use this machine since 2 Month for Recording only and only with a older 0.9 Driver - no Problems at all.
 >
 > Now i have updatet to the driver (we are talking about) and after 2 Days this Server was not reachable. I thought about that tere must be another Problem fist but after 3 Day´s same problem again - now i have reinstalled the backuped old driver and i test it at the moment.
 >
 > After the next view day´s i will report you what will be happen....
 >
 > MFG

Maybe you should check the allocated resources from time to time. See
if memory usage increases. The driver has been checked for leaks
because we also need to use it on low memory systems. Maybe you should
switch to console 10 to see if there are any kernel messages.

Marcus

Dr. Marcus Metzler
mocm@netcologne.de                     http://www.metzlerbros.de
mocm@convergence.de                    http://www.convergence.de