[linux-dvb] AW: SAMBA Question

->-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
->Von: linux-dvb-bounce@linuxtv.org
->[mailto:linux-dvb-bounce@linuxtv.org]Im Auftrag von linux_dvb
->Gesendet: Donnerstag, 13. September 2001 12:20
->An: linux-dvb@linuxtv.org
->Betreff: [linux-dvb] SAMBA Question
->
->Hello
->
->I have installed SAMBA on my DVB computer now and
->can access this under Windows2000 also very well .
->I have noticed now that it lasts (with 2* 10 Mbps maps)
->very long to copy a 1 GB file on my Windows computer.
->
You can have the same with 100 Mbps cards. Check the two cards for beeing
half or full duplex. If there is a Hub in between it must have the same
values set up (half or full duplex)
In Systems, wher one card is half duplex and the other one is full duplex
the the full duplex card creates collisions an the slow down traffic. This
is a very big problem with big files.

So check it an go on half duplex if you are not shure.

This will probably help

Bernd

->It makes therefore ponder, buy a 100 Mbps map?
->
->MFG .......... Uwe
->
->
->PS: thx an PT Direkt (Übersetzungssoftware)   ;-)
->
->
->--
->Info: