[linux-dvb] Re: Fw: CAM-Support

Am 15.09.2001 10:11:38, schrieb "Frank Ta" <frankta@263.net>:

>> > As we all know, the current driver has problems with several types of CAMs.. in fact only Irdeto ALLCAMs seem to work stable.
>> > Now that Convergence has started a new cooperation with Galaxis... do the developers see any chance that there could be some help from this company? They
have
>> > several DVB-receivers which are equipped with the same decoder (AV7111) as the DVB-S-cards and in those receivers all CAMs seem to work. So there might be
some
>> > experience/knowledge that could help?
>> If so, the mailing list will be close soon.Because over 80% people have siemens or WinTV card not Galaxis.

I don't understand? What does the name on the sticker have to do with the actual hardware? The cards are all the same. What I thought was that the CAM-support is a
firmware-related problem and maybe the guys at galaxis have some experience with that, since they use the same decoder in their standalone-receivers.

>'~Ӣ칻&ޱjf%Zbm+rzXݽڲ˛-

In english, please :-)

Greetings,  Marcus