[linux-dvb] Re: dvb-c: trouble with cable-provider

> > hi all,
> > first of all, thanks for your great stuff for watching
> > digital-tv. but i have following problem: the driver isn't
> > work with my cable-provider. i tested it on other providers
> > (they uses the telekom-settings) and there are no problems,
> > all work fine (i tested with my machine). but in my home - no
> > linux-tv. the win-software works also fine.
> > where's the problem?
> > dtv_scan (scanned in raster of 1 MHz) found absolutely nothing.
> > in my mind, the function mon_zigzag (..) (only uses by driver
> > in my rooms, not in 'telekom-cable') will hang-up my
> > tuner-chip (original siemens dvb-c card).
> > the frequency-range of my provider is 354MHz to 426MHz,
> > stepwidth 8MHz. the symbolrate is mainely 6875.000, one or
> > two frequencies on 6900.000.
> > where's the way to watch digi-tv with your excellent work in my rooms?
> >
> Hi,
>
> the easiest way (IMO) would be to get the correct transponder settings
> (Freq/Symbolrate) from your Windows software (should be only a few) and
> setup dtv_scan to look for these transponders. This should work...
>
> Regards,
>
> Rolf

thanks for your quickly answer,
i did it, but dtv_scan (step-width down to 1Mhz) can't find anything. also
vdr, started with the correct freq/symb.-rate in channels.conf - nothing.
modifications in dvb.c (init_chan) - no effect. the units of
freq./symb.-rate of win-software is verified and correct (comparision with
the working telekom-signal).
best regards  -
holger