[linux-dvb] dvbd and hauppauge wintv sat nova model 542

Luigi Lumento writes:
 > I'm trying to use WinTV-NOVA model 542 to receive Netsystem data.

[..]

 > I tryed with all kernel versions > 2.4.0 i found and redhat 7.1.
 >
 > Before continuing this way to madness I have some questions:
 >
 > 1) Is WinTV-NOVA the origin of this problems with /dev/video.

Of course.
The WinTV-NOVA does not have video decoder hardware.
/dev/video and /dev/audio do not exist for it.

You will have to use a software MPEG decoder.
But there is no single application yet which will support tuning and
software decoding in one program.

 > 2) Is it possible to use this card for my main purpose? (NETSYSTEM).

Yes, if you write an application for it which sets the right
filters/network devices.
What exactly is netsystem?

 > 3) If yes. Should I wait for new version of DVBD?

No idea. Ask the author.

Unicast should work with the current drivers and the setup program you
mentioned. I will probably support multicast next (as time permits).

Ralph