[linux-dvb] Re: private channels on Telekom cable

> Third choice:
> Wait for DVB-T

Sorry for being a bit off-topic, but I doubt that there will be more
programs available via DVB-t than you can get through analog terestrial
broadcast now. The cable companies (or should I say "company" because most
of the cable was bough by Liberty Media?) that bought the local cable
operations from Deutsche Telekom will try to keep the TV stations away from
DVB-t because the cable companies just spent a lot of money on the German
cable network and they will have to spend even more money to be able to
offer two-way services in the future.

IMHO DVB-t is great for areas with a low population density and/or no cable
network but wherever cable is available, the cable companies will try
everything to prevent people from receiving a large number of high-quality
TV channels without paying the cable companies.

Regards,
hh