[linux-dvb] AW: Re: FreeBSD

Hello Ulrich,

>The DVB driver do not compile very well under linux - I think with BSD
there
>is no way to work ...
the FreeBSD Linux-binary-compatibility should help here, or not? Compile in
Linux, run in FreeBSD.

>But why do you want this working with BSD ? Normaly you (have to) use an
>extra box for viewing. Which OS is running on that box does not matter at
all
Hmm, maybe working with one OS less helps keeping all the various issues
sorted? ;-)

Also running FreeBSD avoids problems turning up with the compatibility of
the various Linux-distros. There is only *one* FreeBSD at a time.

Greetz,
Andreas