[linux-dvb] Re: AW: Re: FreeBSD

Hello,

Gerhard Andreas (RtW1/WIR1) wrote:

>Hello Ulrich,
>
>>The DVB driver do not compile very well under linux - I think with BSD
>>
>there
>
>>is no way to work ...
>>
>the FreeBSD Linux-binary-compatibility should help here, or not? Compile in
>

>Linux, run in FreeBSD.

Have you ever tried 'insmod' on BSD  ;-)
Of course, vdr would work, but my question was rather 'bout the drivers
than vdr ....

>>But why do you want this working with BSD ? Normaly you (have to) use an
>>extra box for viewing. Which OS is running on that box does not matter at

Btw, I DO have an extra box for viewing, my BSD-box is responsible for
some other services like mail, proxy, http ....
But there still is a free PCI slot in it .... ;-)

>all
>Hmm, maybe working with one OS less helps keeping all the various issues
>sorted? ;-)
>
>Also running FreeBSD avoids problems turning up with the compatibility of
>the various Linux-distros. There is only *one* FreeBSD at a time.
>
>Greetz,
>Andreas

Kind Regards, Gerhard