[linux-dvb] Signal Strength (was: private channels on Telekom cable)

Hello,

is this true? I've got a WinTV Nova and used the Windows-Software to test
the Signal Strength. It was 53% with my old 60cm dish, with the new 85cm
dish it is 64%. There is a big tree in front of the dish, so the signal
strength can't get better. Last winter I had around 60% with the old dish.
The analog signal is quite good. Should the digital signal be also good?
When I record mpg2 in the Windows-Software and then view it, there are
sometime errors and green blocks in the picture. With the new dish it is
better, but not acceptable. So is it the dish or a error in the playback
software?

Markus

PS: Linux-Driver loads well, but the files had also errors when played back,
at least with the old dish. The new dish I didn't try.