[linux-dvb] Re: DivX on DVB with MPlayer - new list!

Hi,

> Okay,
> i got it now :) thx
update again, just commited small doc fixes ;)

> I'm gonna try it as soon as i get back home later today ..
> Does it work well for you ? .. i mean: does it play at good speed (not
> skipping lots of frames) .. and if so what CPU you got ? :)
It didn't drop frames, but I play 25fps video. It's perfect for me,
but I have celeron2-800 @ 1066...

(for non-25fps video you MUST enable frame dropping, as card will always
play at 25fps)

MPlayer's benchmark says 20% cpu usage, while top says 75%. It's very
strange, as mplayer's measurement was perfect before. Maybe it hangs in the
ioctl's inside the DVB driver, so mplayer can't measure that cpu usage.
I'll check this later.

And some parts of the code is still unoptimized (just reached the
works-but-nothing-more point). They will be much faster if using MMX...

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

--
mailto:arpi@thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu