[linux-dvb] Re: DivX on DVB with MPlayer - new list!

Hi,

Hey, I accept you all are happy, but move this thread to mplayer-dvb list!
I think many people here aren't interested in this. Or am I wrong?

last answer here:

> > I've just commited the new mpegpes/dvb driver of MPlayer.
> > It's able to play any YV12 25fps video via the DVB card, for
> > example DivX/Mpeg4/MJpeg avi/asf and non-standard mpeg movies!
> > For details, read DOCS/DVB in mplayer CVS.
>
> thx ... but i will try later ... tomorrow i think ...
> what is your oppinion of the quality of the tv-out ?
It's great. Same good quality as on my DH G400 :)

But divx needs postprocessing. Picture is blocky (divx fault, not dvb).
The only prob, if we want to use postprocessing, then we need full
decoding, we can't use (faster) transcoding. It means very fast cpu,
>=600mhz celeron2 or athlon.
(but you know, celeron2 is very cheap nowdays...  cel2-800 is about 40$ here)

> > A few words about my near-future plans:
> > - audio playback through the DVB card (currently it uses soundcard)
> > - display OSD and subtitles using DVB card's OSD feature
> > - better (more fluent) playback of non-25fps movies
> > - more speed optimizations
> > - YUY2 support (for win32 codecs, like Indeo5 and WMV 7/8)
> > - realtime transcoding between mpeg2 <-> mpeg4 (partial decompression)
>
> I think it would be also good, if it is possible, to make VDR to a frondend
> for mplayer ...
Everything is possible, but it must be done by VDR author. It's C++ code,
and I don't speak that ugly language... (and I don't know VDR design/details)

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

--
mailto:arpi@thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu