[linux-dvb] PAL TV & Nx240 / Nx480 resolution

Arpi writes:
 > Is it possible to add driver support for 25fps  240/480 high movies
on PAL TV?

Yes, but see below.

 > Currently my mplayer driver adds black band over/under the image to pad it
 > to 288/576 high, but the aspect ratio is wrong :(
 >
 > Also interested in 400x400 (SVCD) resolution...
 >
 > I've checked driver source, but I'm unsure: is vertical scaling a hardware
 > limitation or just a software(driver/firmware) constraint?

It is a hardware constraint. It can only double the lines vertically.
The encoder can only display PAL with 288/576 lines and NTSC with 240/480.
I can give you a PAL mode which displays a 480 line stream, but it
also will not scale and the rest of the lines will be black. So,
that's like in your solution but not even vertically centered.

Ralph