[linux-dvb] full duplex?

Hi,

Is it possible to record Sat TV program to disk (as TS or PES stream) and play
other mpeg file at the same time? (full duplex function)

At least I was able to record audio stream of tuned TV program and play
other mpeg video at the same time. It has no much sense, but it proves that
recording and playing at the same time is possible!

I also tried to record video (with fixed test_dvr.c) and play mpeg
video-only file, but the playback hangs.

I don't know the card's design/layout, but the problem can be the demuxer.
If it's possible, I can ignore demuxer at input, so save raw/TS stream to
the disk, without hardware demultiplexing. This way demuxers are free for
playback.

If it is possible, we can do time shifting and other tricks with one card...

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

--
mailto:arpi@thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu