[linux-dvb] Re: black Screen

Hi there,

I think this is a Diseqc or a 22 kHz problem from the 0.9 dvb driver.
(s also Gernot A. Weber).

my investigations:

1.
Last running system:
dvb-driver 0.8.2   vdr 0.72   Linux 2.2.14 from SUSE 6.4
running without any problems.(Astra and Eutelsat)

DVB-S       active multiswitch                    Quadro-LNB
sss-------------msmsms=============================lnb

2.
siemens_dvb-0.9-20010729   Linux 2.4.4-4GB from Suse 7.2, shows:
(C) 2001 Convergence integrated media and a blank screen, no n-tv.

DVB-S       active multiswitch                    Quadro-LNB
sss-------------msmsms=============================lnb
12,9V  25m        12,85V         12m               12,4V

siemens_dvb-0.8.2   Linux 2.4.4-4GB from Suse 7.2, shows:
(C) 2000 Convergence integrated media and n-tv!!

3.
siemens_dvb-0.9-20010729
DVB-S direct connected to highband vertical output, shows:
(C) 2000 Convergence integrated media and n-tv!!

DVB-S       direct connected   highband vertical  Quadro-LNB
sss--------------=======---------------------------lnb
12,9V  25m        12,85V         12m               12,8V

4.
siemens_dvb-0.9-20010729
short connection, shows:
(C) 2000 Convergence integrated media and n-tv!!

DVB-S      highband vertical  Quadro-LNB
12,9V        5m                12.9V

the same behavior from the newer dvb driver.

5.
After i changed the multiswitch to toogle with 22 kHz
beetween lowband and highband instead between LNB A or B
i could use the multiswitch again (but no RTL)

Otto