[linux-dvb] Re: MS-6215

On Fri, 21 Sep 2001, JAF wrote:

> does anybody know the MS-6215 netpc?

Im using one with a celeron800.
I have a DVD drive in the bay it is thought to be.
I have a 40G HD in the floppy bay (otherwise the DVB-S wont fit)

The MS-6215 has only two pci slots, the lower one can only take a
low-budget card (like nova), the full-featured one doesnt fit bacause of
the cpu fan.
the upper slot can hold a full featured card if you install the HD in the
floppy bay.

if you install a DVD or CD ROM drive, you have no room for the LCD.

the case has a fan on the front and one inside the power supply. I havent
done any experiments on this fans. maybe its possible to throttle down
them a bit without killing the hardware. (or at least put some temperature
dependant intelligence to the fans)

c ya
        Sergei

         eMail:       Sergei.Haller@math.uni-giessen.de