From: "ad franse" <ad@afa.nl>
To: <linux-dvb@linuxtv.org>
Sent: Sunday, September 30, 2001 9:44 AM
Subject: [linux-dvb] Re: software decoding of crypted channels ? / illegal?

Would you please explain why it is illegal to view eg. Canal+ with this
software?
I always thought that the smartcart contains the right to view these
channels. After reading this webpage again, I am still thinking, that
the software drives a smartcard reader and REQUIRES a LEGAL SMARTCARD.

Where could I conclude that this software is illegal ?

ad