[linux-dvb] Tuning problem with DVB-C and latest drivers

Uwe writes:
 > Hello
 >
 > >Hello DVB-Developer
 > >

 > >> Hello,
 > >>
 > >> Newer driver versions (tested: 2001-11-17) break video tuning on my
 > >>Siemens
 > >> DVB-C Card with
 > >> both VDR and DTV.
 > >> I was using 2001-10-03 so far, which has the annoying side effect that it
 > >> needs about 15 minutes to tune correctly the first time I switch on my
 > >> machine (from then it works
 > >> well, even after rebooting, until I really power it off).
 > >> me
 > >> of that problem.
 > >> But when using the new driver with VDR, the screen remains black.
 > >> make insmod tunes to ZDF.info correctly, but as soon as I start VDR the
 > >> screen turns black (sound is there).
 > >

 > > I have same problem as Stefan Schreiber. Until 2001-10-03 is no problem
 > > with the Driver for DVB-C.
 > >
 > > MFG ...Uwe
 > >

 > with CVS-Driver from 04.01.2002 is same problem.
 > Wat is different in current to Driver from 20.09.2001 or 03.10.2001?

The whole internal frontend data structures and also the Tuning API changed.
But as I just wrote a few mails back I could find nothing wrong in the
driver. There only was a bug in libdvb which had trouble with old
cable config files. If the application (ntuxzap, VDR, DTV) was
properly adapted to the new interface it should work. Ntuxzap should
also work now with the old config files.

Ralph