[linux-dvb] Re: Tuning problem

>From personal experience and from following this list for a while I think
it's
pretty clear that the TT-DVB-C-card does not work with any version of the
Linux
driver.

Unfortunately, the information on linuxtv.org and on technotrend's home page
(claiming that there is a working driver for the TT-DVB-C card) is incorrect
and should, imho, be removed. I would personally have tried harder to get a
Siemens card if I haven't been misled by this fact.

I'm also surprised by the uninterest from both Techonotrend and the driver
developers at Convergence to fix this or even to provide input or hint
on this issue.

I'm running WatchTVPro on Windows now. Very promising and rapidly developing
s/w.
Works great.

Regards,

Stefan Norberg

-----Original Message-----
From: linux-dvb-bounce@linuxtv.org
[mailto:linux-dvb-bounce@linuxtv.org]On Behalf Of Falck Kenneth
Sent: den 5 januari 2002 20:33
To: 'linux-dvb@linuxtv.org'
Subject: [linux-dvb] Re: Tuning problem

Hello,

I have also been experimenting with a TechnoTrend DVB-C PCI card on Windows
and Linux.

My experience is that even on Windows, using the TechnoTrend software, the
card refuses to tune into any multiplex that uses a symbol rate of 6900
ksym/s! I really don't know why.

Tuning to a 5900 ksym/s multiplex usually works and I get the tables and
video OK under Windows. It also worked when the cable network was using 6000
ksym/s for these multiplexes. (This is the HTV network, I think you're here
too, judging by your frequency list.)

HOWEVER, I've never got the TechnoTrend card to tune to anything under
Linux. I've tried the diffent zapping apps and also wrote a little program
to do the tuning, but nothing has worked yet. I always get a FailureEvent
which seems to indicate a frontend status of FE_SPECTRUM_INV | FE_HAS_LOCK |
FE_HAS_VITERBI | FE_HAS_SYNC. Don't really know what that combination means,
maybe I got some parameters wrong? I think I've tried just about every
combination, though.

Btw, HTV is using spectral inversion, so you'd better keep an eye out for
that if you're here. The network is also developing all the time, so it's
best not to rely on static frequency information for too long. The best way
to keep up-to-date is to read the NIT data from the 162MHz multiplex (the
"home" multiplex) and deduce other frequencies from there. PC-based software
always seems a bit crappy on supporting this and requires manual information
to be entered.

PS. If anybody has a recommendation of another PCI or USB DVB-C adapter to
use with Linux, I'd be glad to hear about it. The shops seem to be selling
mostly DVB-T and DVB-S cards. Does Galaxis have a DVB-C card with good
support under Linux?

--
Kenneth Falck      SWelcom Oy
R&D Manager        Ludviginkatu 6-8