[linux-dvb] Re: Tuning problem

On Sun, Jan 06, 2002 at 12:53:15PM +0100, Ralph Metzler wrote:
> Lauri Pesonen writes:
>
> That's probably because either tuner or demodulator are not identified
> by the driver or something else went wrong. The default will always be
> DVB-S in that case.

Ok, that makes sense.

> Based on your log not even the firmware was correctly on your card.
> So, either the driver does not know how to handle the card version you
> have or something else is wrong with the card.

I got the full-featured card working with TT's Windows software. So the
card seems to be fine although I wasn't able to tune to all transponder
frequencies. So the card seems to be ok. So I'm hoping that its a driver
problem which can be fixed easily ;)

>  > Please note, that I'm very interested in getting the driver to support
>  > TT DVB-C cards, so I'd be very interested and willing to help in this
>  > project.
>
> Finding out if the card you have uses different tuner and
> demodulator chips would be a start.

I'm not 100% sure what I'm supposed to be looking here, so let me know if
you need to find out something else aswell. I've got the following chips
on the full-featured card:

* VES1820 (Philips Vista)
* SAA7146AH (Philips)
* TI DSP
* I think the other chips are memory (Hyundai) There's two very slim chips
and a third square one with a round logo (probably some controller...)

The budget card has only the VES and the SAA chips (same numbers).

-- Lauri