[linux-dvb] Re: TechnoTrend DVB-C PCI v. 2.1

On Monday, January 07, 2002 3:32 PM, Falck Kenneth [SMTP:kennu@swelcom.fi]
wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Just to confirm this, I checked by card revision too and it's a C-Rev.2.1.
> The onboard chips also match the list seen here earlier.
>
> (I'm one of the people who couldn't get the card to work in Linux. However
> in my case, the drivers load without errors but they just don't tune to
> anything.)
>
> Any advice on how to proceed if I wanted to take a look at the drivers
> myself? Would it be enough just to change or add something to the old
> drivers or are we talking about a complete rewrite? Any hardware specs
> floating around?

I assume the problem is the tuner. The FE status shows that there is a
signal but no sync (as if the frequency is wrongly set).  As this card works for
me under Windows, I will try to log the i2c traffic to the tuner and the
VES1820 chip tonight. I hope this will help.

mfg
Joachim

http://www.gmx.net