[linux-dvb] Re: TechnoTrend PCI DVB-C 2.1 success

Stefan Norberg wrote:

> This sucks! Now, I am the only one not getting this to work in northern
> europe again! :)
>
> I never get FE_HAS_LOCK, FE_HAS_SYNC; only FE_HAS_POWER, FE_HAS_SIGNAL,
> FE_HAS_CARRIER.
>
> Can this be CAM-related? All content on my network needs a Viaccess CAM.
> AFAIK, this has noting to do with the CAM at this stage?
>
> Any hints on further debugging?

Does it work under Windows ? If yes, look for the symbol rate and the
PIDs and
change this in the init routine in dvb.c (search for pro 7 and change
the DVB-C
case). Also set the PIDs correct (that is not important for the tuning
but...)
Then check what QAM mode your provider uses.
If it does not work under windows, try to get it work there first :)

> My card just tuned in here in Helsinki!!!
>
> I made a modification to dvb_frontend.c's fe_zigzag() to always keep the
> initial frequency. Apparently this gives the card enough time to get a lock
> on the signal; otherwise the frequency zigzagging loses it.
>
> I suppose the signal quality is so bad here, that tuning often takes very
> long. Or maybe some parameter is not exactly right but still makes tuning
> possible if one waits long enough?
>
> While the card is waiting for a lock, it sometimes gives a brief
> FrontendStatus of 0x12 (it's otherwise constantly 0x00), which I understand
> means there is some signal but not a lock.
>
> Once finally tuned in, the status is 0x5A, which translates to FE_HAS_POWER
> | FE_HAS_SIGNAL | FE_HAS_LOCK | FE_HAS_CARRIER | FE_HAS_SYNC.
>
> A lot of thanks to Joachim for helping with this. I am no longer in a
> completely desperate state of mind ;-)

Well, I'm in Helsinki in 2 weeks, so how about having a beer together.

mfg
Joachim