[linux-dvb] TechnoTrend PCI DVB-C 2.1 success

Falck Kenneth writes:
 > Hi,
 >
 > My card just tuned in here in Helsinki!!!
 >
 > I made a modification to dvb_frontend.c's fe_zigzag() to always keep the
 > initial frequency. Apparently this gives the card enough time to get a lock
 > on the signal; otherwise the frequency zigzagging loses it.
 >
 > I suppose the signal quality is so bad here, that tuning often takes very
 > long. Or maybe some parameter is not exactly right but still makes tuning
 > possible if one waits long enough?

The default waiting time between zigtag steps already is much longer
for DVB-C than for DVB-S (1/2 s instead of 1/10 s).
With 1/10 s for DVB-C I also had problems.

Have you tried increasing this value for DVB-C?
If yes, how high do you have to set it?

Can you see what kind of crystal they are using for the Rev. 2.1 card?
The Siemens card uses 57.84 MHz. I heard the DBOX2 cable version uses
a VES1820 with 69.6 Mhz crystal. Maybe TT also uses a slightly
different crystal on their card?

Ralph