[linux-dvb] My Nova-T card is working!

Hi,

My Nova-T card is up and working!

It didn't receive anything using my existing aerial in the loft, but I now
have a funky looking outside aerial up on the house and the bits are
flooding in.

I used Dave Pickles' channels.conf and followed his "recipe" for playback
with dvbstream -> rtpdump | ts2pes | mplayer

Dave Chapman's dvbtune also works nicely for me (one thing: it SIGSEGV's
trying to do dvbtune -i on multiplex B)

There is one new FTA channel since DaveP posted his channels.conf,
the ever-so-thrilling TV Travel Shop:

TV-Travel-Shop:650166666:INVERSION_OFF:BANDWIDTH_8_MHZ:FEC_2_3:FEC_NONE:QAM_64:TRANSMISSION_MODE_2K:GUARD_INTERVAL_1_32:HIERARCHY_NONE:6161:6162

I also have all the ITV-Digital channel info, though those channels are
encrypted of course so the info isn't much practical use.

My reception appears to be solid.  Video playback could be smoother -
right now not sure if that's interlace artefacts, buffering issues or
what; I'll look into it.

I'm delighted, and the process was really painless.  So thanks for all the
work from everyone.

More from me later, I'm sure...

Steve