[linux-dvb] datarates: any experiences?

Hi,

I would like to know up to what udp receiving
data rates people on the list have used the hauppauge
dvb-s or the nova card...

I've been able to test data rates up to 25 Mbit/s
with the nova card. At higher speeds the socket
calls start to lose more and more data. The strange
thing is dat the statistics of the ifconfig command
indicate the exact amount of data. It's as if the
hardware of the card is able to get higher speeds
but for some reason the data does not get to the
socket calls of the OS.

I've also done some tests on a windows 2000 pro
machine and see similar resulsts...

We have also seen that the old dvb-s card is less performing
for udp data reception than the nova card. We've ordered a
new dvb-s card with the updated hardware to see if it works
better.

greetings,

Bart De Gruyter