[linux-dvb] Re: Grundlegende Probleme.

On Mon, Jan 21, 2002 at 12:21:56AM +0100, Carsten Koch wrote:
> Carsten Koch-Mauthe wrote:

> > saa7146_core.c:872: parse error before
> > his_object_must_be_defined_as_export_objs_in_the_Makefile'
>
> This looks like you got non-printable characters in your source.
> Extra CRs?
> Did that file somehow get in touch with windoze?

I got the same errors when I was trying the driver release from september
that's available from Klaus' page and the 2.4.16 kernel. I tracked the
error down to the EXPORT_SYMBOL() statements in the end of the
saa7146_code.c file. I tried to avoid the error by adding #ifdef
EXPORT_SYMTAB around the EXPORT_SYMBOL() statements and the error went
away, but I wasn't that comfortable about the change so I decided to use
a newer driver, which worked fine.

Somebody who has some experiences about coding modules for linux might
shed some light into this...

-- Lauri