[linux-dvb] Video corruption with OSD - possibility of fix?

Hi list,

I've read from the list that there are some problems with OSD activity
causing video corruption. E.g. DVD subtitling causes a corrupted image,
was it, every fifth second.

Now my questions is (this has probably been answered on the list already,
but I could not find it with the search engine, sorry):

Is the corruption caused by the application (VDR), the driver, the
firmware, or the hardware? And is there any light at the end of the
tunnel, i.e. is there any way of fixing it?

The reason I'm asking this is that in Finland the TV companies are going
to move and have already partly moved into using DVB subtitling rather
than "burned in" subtitling. What this means for Linux DVB users in
Finland is that there are no subtitlings at all. All foreign features
(deries, movies, documentaries, ...) are subtitled in Finland. The small
childrens programming is dubbed.

Thus I'm a bit worried will it ever be possible to implement subtitling
for the TechnoTrend cards.

Somebody suggested using videotext for subtitling. Is it possible though
the driver somehow?

One more thing about videotext: one finnish broadcaster is broadcasting
the plain old video text over DVB now. Should I be able to see it with the
DVB driver and VDR? I'm using composite output if that makes any
difference...

BR, Lauri