[linux-dvb] Re: 4:2:2 video? (Newbie question)

Hi,

> S. Emiclueful writes:
>  > [Forgive the possible duplication.  I originally sent
>  > this 2 days ago, but haven't seen it on the mailing
>  > list yet.  It will probably show up right after I send
>  > this, making me appear an even bigger doofus.]
>  >
>  > I'm interested in what it would take to receive and
>  > decode 4:2:2 (studio profile) MPEG-2 DVB video.
>
> You need an MPEG software or hardware decoder which can handle
> 4:2:2. Did anybody ever try mplayer, xine etc. with 4:2:2?

no, as i haven't seen such stream yet.
but, afair, libmpeg2 is 100% standard compliant now, and i remember reading
about 4:2:2 support in its docs (but maybe in TODO part :)).

could you upload a small sample to ftp.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/incoming ?

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

--
mailto:arpi@thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu