From: linux-dvb-bounce@linuxtv.org
[mailto:linux-dvb-bounce@linuxtv.org]On Behalf Of Jasper Taylor
Sent: Thursday, January 24, 2002 11:58 AM
To: linux-dvb@linuxtv.org
Subject: [linux-dvb] Help with Hauppauge Nova-t PCI card?

...well to tell the truth I probably haven't yet got to the stage where it
matters which card I have. I downliaded the latest version of the DVB
software from the CVS site (yesterday) and built it without problems on a
2.4.17 kernel...however I could not build tuxzap, I got this error:

rtuxzap.cc: In function `void set_channel ()':
rtuxzap.cc:338: no matching function for call to `DVB::SetChannel (int
&, char[4], uint16_t *, uint16_t *)'
../../../libdvb/DVB.hh:253: candidates are: int DVB::SetChannel (short
unsigned int, short unsigned int, short unsigned int, short unsigned
int)
../../../libdvb/DVB.hh:256:                 int DVB::SetChannel (int,
char * = 0)

I thought I should anyway be able to see what was coming out of my card
using
tuxview, which built OK, but it starts up then hangs, depositing the
following lines in /var/spool/messages:

Jan 24 10:55:09 localhost modprobe: modprobe: Can't locate module
char-major-81-1
Jan 24 10:55:09 localhost modprobe: modprobe: Can't locate module
char-major-81-2
Jan 24 10:55:09 localhost modprobe: modprobe: Can't locate module
char-major-81-3

Should these module names be aliased to something in modules.conf? I can't
find anything about them in the documentation.
Thanks for any help, and many apologies if I am posting inappropriately.
	--Jasper

linux-dvb" as subject.