[linux-dvb] The status of my Frontend doesn' t get better...

Karim Amrani writes:
 > Hi there,
 >
 > I try to tune on a PID on HotBird and I can't get the status of the
 > frontend to FE_HAS_LOCK.
 >
 > If I plug an Astra cable on my PC, I can tune (on a another PID/freq/...)
 > without problem.  And if I plug a set top box on that Hotbird cable, it
 > works... So my guess is that it's not an installation issue (?).
 >
 > After setting the SEC parameters, I set the tuning parameters. Then, I wait
 > for the Frontend to send me a COMPLETION_EV. And I only get UNEXPECTED_EV
 > and then I get FAILURE_EV...(failure code is 20 (decimal)).
 > After 20 tries, I get bored and I try to get the frontend status : the
 > status remains HAS_POWER...
 >
 > Has someone experienced that before ? Is there something I missed somewhere ?
 >
 > Thanks in advance,
 > Sicerely,
 > Karim
 >
 > PS : For the Audacious, here is test.c (in DVB/apps/test), I (quickly)
 > modified to suit my needs and further down, you'll find the output.
 >

 >    qpsk.iFrequency=(10911000-9750000); /* frequency is 10.911 GHz so LOF1
Have you tried channels in the upper range ?

It could be that your LNB needs to much power for the card. We had
some LNBs that could not be switched by the DVB cards because of that.
A standalone receiver provides much more power than the card can.

Marcus