[linux-dvb] Re: The status of my Frontend doesn' t get better...

Hi Marcus,

On Astra, I'm locking OK on a upper range frequency.

We are using a quad-LNB with a switch. I tried to plug directly the DVB
card onto the right cable (14V, no 22KHz) and I ran into the same error status.
Is this test significant as for the power of the card ? No Disecq needed in
that case, right ?

If the card can't give away the right power, is there a solution (Disecq
amplifier ?) ?

I'll try to use the loop-thru ouput (HF signal) of a set top box (tuned on
the frequency I'm wanting) on the input of my card... (I guess the STB will
take care of the Disecq stuff).

Thanks for your help,
Sincerely,
Karim
At 15:40 28/01/02, you wrote:
>Karim Amrani writes:
>  > Hi there,
>  >
>  > I try to tune on a PID on HotBird and I can't get the status of the
>  > frontend to FE_HAS_LOCK.
>  >
>  > If I plug an Astra cable on my PC, I can tune (on a another PID/freq/...)
>  > without problem.  And if I plug a set top box on that Hotbird cable, it
>  > works... So my guess is that it's not an installation issue (?).
>  >
>  > After setting the SEC parameters, I set the tuning parameters. Then, I
> wait
>  > for the Frontend to send me a COMPLETION_EV. And I only get UNEXPECTED_EV
>  > and then I get FAILURE_EV...(failure code is 20 (decimal)).
>  > After 20 tries, I get bored and I try to get the frontend status : the
>  > status remains HAS_POWER...
>  >
>  > Has someone experienced that before ? Is there something I missed
> somewhere ?
>  >
>  > Thanks in advance,
>  > Sicerely,
>  > Karim
>  >
>  > PS : For the Audacious, here is test.c (in DVB/apps/test), I (quickly)
>  > modified to suit my needs and further down, you'll find the output.
>  >
>  >
>  >    qpsk.iFrequency=(10911000-9750000); /* frequency is 10.911 GHz so LOF1
>Have you tried channels in the upper range ?
>
>It could be that your LNB needs to much power for the card. We had
>some LNBs that could not be switched by the DVB cards because of that.
>A standalone receiver provides much more power than the card can.
>
>Marcus

Karim AMRANI
Directeur des Opérations

Le Journal De Chez Vous (JDCV)