[linux-dvb] Re: Resource temporarily unavailable

Ralph Metzler wrote:
> Karim Amrani writes:
>  > I'm experiencing the 'Resource temporarily unavailable'
>  > problem too... (from time to time).
>  >

> These comments are still for the non-Nova cards.
>

> Now regarding the Nova card questions:
>
>  > >Check the function DmxDevBufferRead(), below extracted from dmxdev.c:
>  > >
>  > >The -EWOULDBLOCK error code is causing the "Resource temporarily
>  > >unavailable" error and it is thrown in the piece of code I have extracted
>  > >from that function.
>  > >
>  > >         .....
>  > >
>  > >         if (non_blocking && (src->pwrite==src->pread)){
>  > >                 return -EWOULDBLOCK;
>  > >
>  > >         .....

> If this causes the error then no more data seems to be coming from the
> hardware.

I've just run into the same problems described earlier on
the list. Using dvb cvs sources from 7/jan the socket
call function mcrecv returns -1 with errno equal to EAGAIN.
According to the documentation, in the case of a blocking
call this means that the timeout of the socket has
expired. However this is impossible (we set the timeout
very high and still get this, or we get multiple instances
of this thing in less than the socket timeout).

I've put trace statements in the dvb driver code (code
in the driver directory) everywhere there is EWOULDBLOCK
and EAGAIN returned (same value 11). Unfortunately
the code never passes these trace statements. So it
seems that the parts in the driver code that mention
EAGAIN or EWOULDBLOCK are not executed.

But then where do they come from?

> What does "dmesg" say?
> Maybe there was an oops in the driver. Depending on your configuration
> this might not show up in /var/log/messages.

I also check dmesg to be absolutely sure that I do not
miss errors that would not be logged in /var/log/messages

greetings,
Bart De Gruyter