[linux-dvb] Re: Convert VDR/DVB Recording with FFMPEG

Axel Gruber writes:
 > With the old driver (0.8x) i was able to produce a file wich i can progress with several programms:
 >
 > I´have searched the old scripts and tryed it again with streams of the new driver (0.9)
 >
 > First i demultiplexed the stream:
 > /vdr/DVB/apps/mpegtools/es_demux 004.vdr a1 v1
 >
 > Then i Multplex it again.
 > /vdr/jpeg/mplex/mplex -V -S 5000 v1 a1 out1.mpg
 >
 > As i sayed - this was with the old driver and workded well !
 >
 > With the new driver i get this info with Streamtype:
 >
 > eros:/vdr/DVB/apps/mpegtools # ./streamtype /videodata/004.vdr
 > streamtype
 > Reading /videodata/004.vdr
 > PES_STREAM
 > SIZE: 720x576
 > ASPECT: 4:3
 > FRAMERATE: 25
 > PROFILE: Main
 > LEVEL: Main
 > CHROMA: 4:2:0
 > PAL
 > MPEG2
 >
 > So i use:
 >
 > /vdr/DVB/apps/mpegtools/pes_demux 004.vdr a1 v1

Doesn't mplex need elementary streams. In that case it should be es_demux.

I just did the following with a TS I recorded:
ts2ps file.ts 0 0 > file.mpg (just to get a PS to demux)
es_demux file.mpg ao vo       (could have used ts_es_demux)
mplex -f 5 -o out.mpg vo ao   (mjpegtools mplex version 1.4.1 )

And it produced an SVCD file. I haven't checked if it will be played
with other players, but it worked with the DVB card.

Marcus