[linux-dvb] Re: How to watch DVB-t TV (or 'How do I join theparty?')

On Wed, 30 Jan 2002, Jasper Taylor wrote:

> OK, I have done this, and followed the other instructions in Scott's
> excellent HOWTO. And it all seems to work fine -- data goes along the pipe,
> cpu cycles are used...but the viewer window remains black and there is no
> sound! What is going wrong?

Hi,

>From looking at your typescript it looks like the right stuff is
happening.

I'd suggest that you switch to the CVS version of mplayer.  This might
solve your problem, I forget what did or didn't happen in the .6 version.

If it doesn't, you could try:
 - the basic -vo x11 driver
 - playing other files (especially mpeg1/2)

Steve