[linux-dvb] Re: Recording encrypted channel

Hi,

> If I want to watch one channel while recording another, and both are
> encrypted, is it possible to record an encrypted channel without a CAM,
and
> then to decrypt it when the recording is played back? Or do I need to buy
2
> CAMs and 2 subscriptions?

The driver doesn't support decrypting of recordings, so you need to buy
two CICAMS and two subscriptions ...
(I suppose it's possible to implement such a feature, but I think there are
other
points on the todo-list of convergence).

best regards,
reiner

P.S.: If you are willing to buy an 'old-fashioned-non-vdr' hd-receiver, you
should
take a look at the topfield, which supports this kind of post-decrypting...