[linux-dvb] lircd with hauppauge dvb-s

Hello,

I tried to get the infrared receiver of my hauppauge dvb-s card working for several time now, but
now I have no further idea, what to try.

I tried both, the latest snapshot and the 0.9.4 version of the dvb-driver. I tried with and without
CI.

The system is a suse 7.3, one hauppauge card (v 2.1), one siemens card (now with the CI) and one
hauppauge wintv nova. But I tried with only the hauppauge, too.

I defined 'alias char-major-61 lirc_dev' in the modules.conf, but I assume, it is not necessary,
because I started the drivers whith 'make insmod' in the DVB/drivers and then the DVB/drivers/lirc
directory. Of course, the lirc 0.6.5 was set up to use the hauppauge and the correct directory was
use in DVB/drivers/lirc/Makefile.

After starting 'lircd &' and 'irw' the latter wait for commands, so all pieces seem to fit together
well, but I fear, I'm doing something basically wrong. I didn't find any hints, how to install this
configuration correctly. Perhaps somebody has a working example.

Yes, /dev/lirc has permission to anybody.

Thanks

Martin