[linux-dvb] Re: black picture after channel switching

Andreas Hölscher wrote:

> I forgot one information:
> replaying works fine (picture and sound ok)
> --
> Andreas Hölscher, Buchenhain 8a, D-52159 Roetgen, Germany
> (PGP ID: 1024/0x6AC897BB)
>
>Hi,
>I still have the problem that the picture gets black after some channel

>switching. After activating the EPG scan in vdr I have a black picture

>after some(?) houres. Only reloading the dvb drivers helps. There is no

>error message in the logs and I can still switch the OSD in vdr on and

>off. The channel switching works as well but takes about 5-6 sec until
the
>OSD message for the new channel apears, there is no sound any more.
>
>I tried different i2c-drivers and different kernels but without
success.

>Thanks for any hints how to help solving the problem!
>
>Andreas
>
>Hauppauge DVB-S 2.1 (only 1 card, only FTA)
>siemens_dvb-0.9.4-2002-03-16 (or all cvs versions from the last weeks)
>kernel 2.4.18 (or 2.4.17, both clean without any patch)
>vdr 1.0.0.pre4 (or any 0.9/1.0.0pre?  version)
>latest kvdr (0.41?)

I have exactly the same Problem!
Additionaly after letting my box run for some time (approx. 3 hours) the
screen goes blank too.

My config:

TT DVB-s 2.1
Siemsns-dvb-0.9.4. driver (from linuxtv.org) (no cvs)
Redhat 7.1 (seawulf realease)
Kernel 2.4.17. (from kernel.org)
Vdr 1.0.0pre2 to pre4 (happens on all versions)
No X

Cu Ulrich